30 October 2011

All Hallows Eve





Aaahh Halloween. If there's one day in the year I need to have off and celebrate, its this day. Skeletons and pumpkins, ghosts and monsters. You can keep your Christmas and Turkey Day, just leave me in October.

This year we had a bit of a scare. I picked up a 2nd job for the holidays, which in itself is fine. We need the money, even if its for a short amount of time. But normally I only work one job, and things like Mark always giving me Halloween off don't seem to really sink in. Luckily the dude at Gamestop is pretty cool. I explained that I had completely forgotten about even bringing it up, as I'm used to just NOT working that day. He said it was no problem, he was sort of late giving all of us notice about the midnight shift anyways. So I'll be going in on Tuesday to finish my paper work before I have to race off to Petco for truck night.

This year I live in a slightly more kid friendly area, as we're between an elementary and a Jr High, literally blocks away from each other. So there should be a good amount of kids this year. We'll be having some friends over for movies and games and such. Normally I would just wake up and get into costume and spend the day in it, but this year I'm rocking out my new RenFair costume. I'll have to wait for Mike to get home to help me into the corset. I'm still toying with the idea of adding some of my Woochie makeup to it to add a little gore. But we'll see. I'm not sure if I want to chance the blood gel and such near it.

I do need to go through our DVDs and see what we have for monster movies. I borrowed dad's copy of the new Wolfman, I will of course toss in Nightmare Before Xmas, and from there I guess we'll see what happens. Normally I watch the live Ghost Hunters episode, but over the last few years, it's been getting pretty dull. 

I still need to go out and make sure the fog machine is still working alright, figure out where it's going, along with my newly fixed up skull fogger. I have to hunt down the spider webbing and get that up since we will be having a dry night this year. And, move the pumpkins out there. I want to make sure it's all ready early, since everything is happening on a Monday and all the kids will be out pretty early. I figure being ready to go by 4pm is a good goal.






No comments:

Post a Comment