23 October 2011

Homestuck




I really am curious if this post's image will be animated like it should be or if it'll sit there doing nothing. The animated one is awesome. So here's hoping.

ANYWHO. I'm amazed I haven't put up a post about this yet. Specially since I sat for a week straight and read 6000 pages, painstakingly, making my eyes almost bleed from so much monitor exposure. But Homestuck is one of those things. Those things you can't stop looking at, or reading, or watching. There is so much... random going on that you can't help but want to keep going just to see where the chaos will lead next.

I have to say that I probably wouldn't of even thought of reading it if it wasn't for a few fanarts I saw on Deviantart one night. There were drawings of these odd little grey skinned, horned kids wearing zodiac symbols. And even though they were all by different people, they all matched. Was it some new Japanese anime out? Was it some game I had missed? Nope, it was a new-ish comic out by Andrew Hussie, the same guy who spewed out the older, and just as popular "MS Paint Adventures". So I looked it up, and the first page wasn't exactly exciting. I figured I'd give it a shot, and about 25 pages in I was hooked. I really had no idea what was going on, but it was... different. By page 100 I was flying through the comic wondering what was going to happen next. A week and 6000 pages later I was staring at the "Next Page" button going "Y U no have MOAR PAGES?!".

Now, I am one of like a million people waiting, ever so patiently for 10-25 when the next page, which will be flash animated, comes out. I have to say that I am extremely excited to see what happens.

Dear Mr. Hussie, it better be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment