27 June 2011

Day Three/Four




I love the Batman world. I remember being about 6yrs old and dressing up as him for Halloween while all the other girls were princesses and fairies. I remember when mom and dad got me a VHS of the Batman movie from 1989 rather than a Barbie Doll. I remember watching Adam West religiously. 10yrs later, I'm still watching the movies and the cartoons. Sometimes I wish I would of gotten into the DC comics, but those things take up so much space.

Luckily, we got Fios the other day. So what did I do? I downloaded the entire animated series and all the movies. I'm only on episode 3 of season 1, but I've already fallen in love with the Joker all over again. I think if it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't of gotten into Batman as much as I have.

As some of my friends know, I'm scared to hell of clowns, mascots, and the like. I always get asked why then, if I'm so scared of clowns and such, is Joker and Harley my favorite characters? I really can't answer that. I've thought about it a few times. You'd think being scared of people painted up would be call for being scared shitless of some crazy insane person dressed up as a clown wreaking havoc across a city. Or at least some kind of dislike of the character. But no. I look forward to every episode with that batshit crazy clown man. I loved Jack Nicholson, and loved Heath even more for their jobs as Joker. And I don't think anyone on Earth could voice him better than Mark Hamill.

And, on the topic of cartoons, I miss cartoons like this. When they were actually animated and not computer generated. When the people who created them had an actual talent. It was cartoons like these that originally made me want to go into traditional animation. It's too bad that its a dying art..


No comments:

Post a Comment